Areximbank will introduce new card projects in 2011

09.02.2011 18:58
Areximbank will introduce new card projects in 2011

YEREVAN, February 9. /ARKA/. Areximbank-Gazprombank Group CJSC plans to introduce some new card projects in 2011, including emission of ArCa cards, payment for utility services from card account by mobile phones and 24-hour money transfers between Russia and Armenia via plastic cards of “Areximbank” and Russian “Gazprombank”.

During 2010 the number of issued payment cards of “Areximbank-Gazprombank Group” increased by 30.6 % to 75.315 cards.

The size of operation with the cards of the Bank increased by 45.75% in 12 months, number of ATMs was 44 as of December 1, 2010 and POS terminals – 128.

Areximbank-Gazprombank Group (formerly Areximbank) was established in 1998 to handle financial flows between Armenia and Russia. It is a principled member of VISA International and MasterCard International payment systems. In 2007 it joined Armenian ArCa payment system.

In November 2007 Russian Gazprombank obtained 80% shares of Areximbank. In July 2008 Areximbank conducted additional emission which was also bought by Gazprombank. In its result its share increased to 94.15%. In September 2008 Gazprombank bought the remaining 5.85% from Rayffayzenbank and now is 100% owner of the bank. G.K.—0--


Tags: , , Новости Армении АМИ Новости-Армения

Partners news

Related Posts