Armenia’s Bank Anelik to start making profit within half a year

08.10.2013 14:38
Armenia’s Bank Anelik to start making profit within half a year

YEREVAN, October 8. /ARKA/. Bank Anelik closed joint stock company is planning to start making profit in the next six months, the new chairman of the bank’s board Nerses Karamanukyan told reporters Monday.

Nerses Karamanukyan replaced former chairman of board of Bank Anelik Samvel Chzmachyan who currently heads the Union of Banks of Armenia. Earlier Lebanese CreditBank that held 89.95% of the bank’s stock obtained the remaining 10.05% from Samvel Chzmachyan.

“I find it difficult to say when we’ll start making profit, but our aim is to do it within the next six months”, Karamanukyan said.

According to ARKA’s information, the bank’s losses were 56.6 million drams as of the fourth quarter of 2012.

The bank aims at ensuring profit through reduced internal operation costs, introduction of new technologies and expansion of the range of banking services, Karamanukyan said.

The new strategy of Bank Anelik is currently under development: the new service products will be offered as from the next year.

The bank is intensifying its operations, in small and medium-sized business and retail services in particular, he said.

Bank Anelik cjsc was founded on July 9, 1990, and received its general license from the Central Bank in October 1996.

CreditBank AAL is a major Lebanese bank operating on Near East financial market for 30 years now. The bank’s assets exceed $2.5 billion today. –0--


Tags:

Partners news
Loading...

Related Posts